Special Statement For Our Friends, Clients + Community
To Our Friends, Clients, and Community,
A note of solidarity and support during these unprecedented times. The cancellation of performances and closure of galleries over the past week has been nothing short of heartbreaking; not only for the impact we know it will have upon operations and artists, but for the audiences who will not get to witness your work.
It is a particular pang of COVID-19 that some of the greatest balms to the human spirit: gathering together, sharing experience, and witnessing art, are made more challenging — though far from impossible — by circumstance.
During this time, we are inspired by the resilience and ingenuity of our community, as they transform their performances to livestreams, find innovative ways of breaking isolation & foster participation.
The MPMG team will continue to support in what ways we can. While our office has been closed since March 13 – and will remain so until further notice — we remain ready to pick up the phone, answer emails, and act as champions for art.?
On our social media channels, MPMG will proceed with sharing resources for our industry coupled with actions that inspire us. We have listed a few below. If you see anything you want to share, please do not hesitate to reach out on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. We value connecting with you, more than ever.
- PACT will be holding weekly digital town halls beginning Thursday that are open to all members of Canada’s performing arts community — no membership required.
- The Canada Council is advising arts workers to document all losses during this time?— and has been transparent that emergency measures are currently being developed in response to the situation.
- The Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance (GVTPA) have posted a survey to help gather and aggregate essential data from arts organizations across BC.?
- An ongoing list of resources for artists, writers, and media workers during the shutdowns is being assembled by a community of supporters.
- The Georgia Straight has spoken with many of our clients & industry leaders, who describe how we can continue to support the arts amidst a shutdown.
- Government of Canada’s Economic Response during these hard hit economic times.
Sending heartfelt wishes for your health and safety.
Together, we will get through this.
Laura + Brian + the MPMG team