World Theatre Day Contest: Win Tickets to Phantom of the Opera
Each World Theatre Day, we like to offer our regular Creatively Speaking readers an opportunity to win an exciting performing arts experience in our city.
Last year, we asked fans to enter by telling us the name of the first performance they ever experienced. By far, the most common answer was the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical The Phantom of the Opera.
It therefore seemed appropriate then that this year we offer readers a different vision of the classic tale. Creatively Speaking has partnered with Vancouver Bach Choir and Book Warehouse to create a prize pack that includes:
- Two Tickets to the Vancouver Bach Choir's April 20 world premiere of The Phantom of the Opera at the Orpheum Theatre
- A copy of Gaston Leroux's Phantom of the Opera novel
- A $50 Gift Certificate to Book Warehouse
Vancouver Bach Choir's The Phantom of the Opera is a specially commissioned work from Canadian composer Andrew Downing. Created to underscore and enrich the legendary silent film of the same name, the choir and a hand-picked chamber ensemble will perform the score while the cinematic masterpiece screens.
Here's how you can enter:
- Leave a comment with the name of the most recent play, dance show, or concert you attended (One Entry)
- Post the following to Twitter (One Entry):
Win tickets to @VanBachChoir's Phantom of the Opera & $50 at @Book_Warehouse via @LauraMurrayPR http://ow.ly/jtnNX RT to Enter!Be certain to follow all three accounts so that we can track your entry! Winner will be drawn April 4 at 5pm. ?